Are you all set for the fall season? Find out here:
GUIDES MENTIONED IN THE VIDEO:
1. 10 Tips for Better Men’s Fall Outfits - https://gentl.mn/2xuMxG1
2. How to Wear Men’s Waistcoats & Odd Vests - https://gentl.mn/2yUBZS8
3. Tweed Guide - https://gentl.mn/2gUHNX7
4. Flat Cap & Newspaper Boy Hat Style Guide - https://gentl.mn/2hjfsXJ
5. The Oxford Cloth Button Down Shirt - https://gentl.mn/2gQTNsA
6. How To Combine Socks, Shoes & Pants - https://gentl.mn/2zf4blO
7. How A Boutonniere is Made - https://gentl.mn/2hjCpty
SHOP THE VIDEO:
1. Edelweiss Boutonniere https://gentl.mn/2i9FUlZ
2. Shantung Striped Green, Purple, and Cream Silk Tie https://gentl.mn/2yW3vAA
3. Navy Blue Gray Suede Unlined Leather Mens Gloves https://gentl.mn/2gOF8hE
4. Caramel and Dark Burgundy Shadow Stripe Socks - https://gentl.mn/2yRbYp1
So what are the 11 must-have items for an elegant classic gentleman?
1. Unlined gloves. The advantage of unlined gloves is that it is very thin and looks very elegant. Also, during the transitioning season, you don't need a cashmere lining or alpaca lining because it would simply be too warm.
2. Knit Ties. I like them because they have this really nice texture and today, you can find lots of knit ties on the market. Traditionally, the ones with the thickest texture are the cris de la soie ties and they have the crunch in them, you can hear the crunch when you move it back and forth slightly.
3. Suede boots. Now, boots are in general ideal for fall because they are lined with leather most of the time and they are not super warm and at the same time, they keep you warmer than a regular pair of oxfords or derby shoes.
4. Vest or waistcoat. The term is used interchangeably and it just adds another layer to your outfit.
5. Tweed jacket or sport coat. The beauty about tweed is that it's comprised of lots of different colors and because of that, it may look like a solid from afar, but in fact, there are lots of different colors combined.
6. Quilted jacket. it is so great because it keeps you warm, at the same time it is lightweight and if you choose a length that covers your jacket, you could easily wear it on top without looking too formal.
7. Flat cap. It is a wonderful hat. It keeps you warm, it is stylish, it can be worn by younger men, even teenagers, as well as older men, and it just has this typical seasonal appropriate character.
8. Wool accessories. I know most of the time, ties are made out of silk and that is just fine; at the same time, maybe a pocket square in wool, or a tie, or a flat cap, simply helps you to create a softer look in your outfit that is very appropriate for fall or autumn.
9. Corduroy pants. I know some people may think they make you look like an old professor in College or a school teacher, however, I think corduroy is wonderful for the fall season because first of all, it is very warm and just seasonally appropriate.
10. Pastel colored dress shirt. I know most men have white dress shirts but with a tweed coat, it is just too stark of a contrast. Instead, if you go maybe with an eggshell color, something with a pale orange, maybe a pale pink, or pale blue, it really helps to tie the outfit together.
11. Lightweight knitted sweaters, ideally in cotton. Usually, you don't need the heavy woolen cashmere sweaters until later in the season and so you want a finer knit just to help keep you warm, at the same time, you want to look stylish.
#fallmusthaves #fallessentials #notsponsored
Want to stay updated? Sign up here for free:
Want to see more videos? Subscribe to our channel!
FREE EBOOK: https://gentl.mn/2y7semt
This dude is stuck in the 1940’s. You’re gonna look like an idiot if you’re wearing a fedora (unless you’re in the mafia, that’s badass). The flat cap is dumb and most of the stuff he’s wearing is gonna make you look dumb
Your surroundings don’t match the clothes you wear. That should be a sign to you. I get the sense that you’re the only person in your environment dressing this way, and something seems really impractical about the clothing you advise others to wear. It looks great. But so out of place
I am drooling over your burgundy gloves -- perfect for Fall, and the button is a nice touch. There is something "wrong' with this outfit -- I finally figured out it's just too much colour. I think you should go with a brown corduroy, not caramel, for the pants.
He looks like the guy who farts in the elevators at court then walks out like nothing happened as you walk in & you realize it was him but by then it's too late to do or say anything. his style reminds me of a 1920's paper boy
I rather dress like him and look like an 80 year old, according to the comment section ( which I do actually, I always wear a suit) than dressing like my age, 23 and look like some modern hippy without style.
Anyone else see that he broke the button on his glove 1:41? I'm sure their quality is very good, I just find it funny that this video is promoting these gloves and.... "Oops. Guess we'll just leave that in there." Lol
I like his taste in clothing, but it was really Sherlock Holmes' style of classic ivy college meets hipster style that had me rethinking about the style of wardrobe I wanted to wear. I like Sven's, as well; it's very classic and it says "I've arrived, financially".
I love a lot of what your suggestions are, but part of dressing well and being dapper is understanding the audience. As a college student, I would be mocked, instead of being considered a gentleman and a leader, if I dressed this way. I love how you keep history alive, but it may be good to communicate the importance of context to your audience.
Good point. This is probably why many young people think of tweed clothing as “dated” or a bit odd. Then again, tweed flat caps are quite popular now, and I see more and more people in my age group (20s) wearing them.
Most 70+ year old men I see around are wearing jeans, baseball caps, and a sports team jacket. If they are dressed up, it's in a dark chain store suit, a white shirt, and a Bugs Bunny tie. Old hippies are not wearing tweed either. Young people now have never seen these types of clothes in general use before, just in movies.
In my family, we (men) tend to dress in more classic and semi-formal clothes than most people. That’s how I was raised. As far as tweed, my family has Irish and Scottish heritage (from my mother’s and father’s side, respectively); my grandfather had tweed in his wardrobe, as did my father, and so do I.
It may seem “odd” to some, but I’ll argue a lot of it comes from one’s heritage and how they were brought up.
l don't know abaut men deforme, but, as a woman, l love the way you mix and match textures and patterns. Compliments. tuo have a really good tasta. You make it interesting, don't looking cheap as many guys that try to be modern. If guys are affraid of looking like and old man, l think, is just question of mixing and matching. Complimets again.
I wish I could afford to hire you. I’m looking for three conservative suits. Dark blue. Dark gray and black. I’m 59 and want to keep these suits for the rest of my life. I wouldn’t know a good suit from a bad one.
But. Just wishing.
Although the overall style of the outfit is more mature because of the earthy colors and the textured fabrics, I think the flat cap makes you look younger. They make everybody look younger in my mind because they remind me of newsboys.
This isn't everyone's style of dress. Definitely a vintage, classy element that doesn't work for everyone, but if it works for you, this clip is exceptional. I pick and choose from his suggestions to have a style that works for me.
Raphael, I ask this as a fellow Minnesotan. Can you can you make a video on staying stylish in deep winter? Despite my best intentions, I find it difficult and even slightly dangerous to go out without my Columbia or thick Northface when it is -40. I collected a few which allows me to try to pull off a look that is almost like a quilted jacket setup, but it would be lovely to have your expert opinion to make them look as stylish as possible while staying safe in the long upcoming months.
hello, i just need some help with a school formal coming up soon. i have the opportunity to purchase 2 suits. I was wondering if one of the suits which i am planning on purchasing, which is double breasted would be appropriate for a school formal with dancing i think?
Have you ever thought about tailoring your pants so they would be slimmer trough the thigh and tapered at the ankle. I know its diffrent from the old school style you go with. But remember back in the day only royalty have tailored clothing, so the way i see it your style sticking to the traditional style, just fancier.
Your trousers never fit u properly they r too roomy n baggy. U need to work on Ur self a little to get in shape.. most of the clothes in almost all of ur videos don't fit u well... An honest observation.. sorry but I couldn't sugar coat it.
His clothing isn't intended to be slim. The majority of it is very much inspired by classic tailoring - And his suits fit him impeccably. I do agree that his trousers aren't always perky in the pleat, and are sometimes baggy... But whos are?
I am sorry to say so Sir because from what I can tell you have an otherwise impeccable sense of classic style, but the cardigan you are wearing at 10:25 is absolutely horrendous and does not fit you very well either might I add.
That said you are a constant source of inspiration, keep it up!
Great video! I especially appreciate number 10, a pastel dress shirt. Until I watched your previous video on fall outfits, I had thought my pastel blue, pink, and yellow shirts would not be of much use in the fall. But they look great in my fall outfits for the reasons you described.
Cele mai bune oferte si promotii din catalogul Dedeman, valabile de pe 07.12.2017 pana pe 31.12.2017. Reduceri si promotii la: gresie si faianta, produse si unelte pentru gradina, acoperisuri, constructii, termice, scule de mana si electrice, … [Read more. ]
Catalog Hornbach 5 decembrie – 31 decembrie 2017.
Descoperiti cele mai bune promotii din catalogul de oferte Hornbach, valabile de pe 05.12.2017 pana pe 31.12.2017. Cele mai bune reduceri la: aparat antiinsecte cu LED, boiler electric, vopsea "Meister Polar Weiss", lazura pentru lemn, Pattfield … [Read more. ]
Catalog Praktiker 22 Noiembrie – 27 Decembrie 2017.
Nu ratati cele mai bune oferte si promotii alimentare din catalogul Praktiker, valabile de pe 22.11.2017 pana pe 27.12.2017. Cautati cele mai bune preturi la: suport umbrela, cutie frigorifica, cort Ontario, balansoar 3 locuri, bicicleta strada, … [Read more. ]
Economisiti cu cele mai recente promotii din catalogul de oferte Brico Depôt, valabile de pe 15.11.2017 pana pe 24.12.2017. Nu pierdeti cele mai bune preturi la: ventilatoare, aparate de aer conditionat, tevi si conectica cupru, radiatoare, boilere, … [Read more. ]
Catalog Hornbach 7 noiembrie – 4 decembrie 2017.
Descoperiti cele mai bune promotii din catalogul de oferte Hornbach, valabile de pe 07.11.2017 pana pe 04.12.2017. Cele mai bune reduceri la: aparat antiinsecte cu LED, boiler electric, vopsea "Meister Polar Weiss", lazura pentru lemn, Pattfield … [Read more. ]
Bricolajul a ajuns in Romania in urma cu aproximativ 10 ani, insa in Statele Unite si in statele occidentale acest concept este mai vechi, si isi are originile la inceputul anilor ’50. Bricolajul se refera la capacitatea oamenilor de a crea sau repara diverse obiecte fara a apela la ajutor specializat.
Primul catalog de bricolaj pentru renovarea locuintei a aparut in 1968. Acesta a nascut conceptul de bricolaj care sta la baza lanturilor de magazine din zilele noastre. De la covoare si perdele, pana la mobilier si prefabricate, bricolajul se refera la tot ce inseamna renovarea unei locuinte in aceasta acceptiune.
Pe orlo.ro gasesti toate cataloagele de bricolaj, de la cei mai importanti comercianti. Catalog Dedeman, Catalog Praktiker, Catalog Baumax, Catalog Bricostore, Catalog Ambient si altii.
In Romania retelele de magazine pentru bricolaj sau extins rapid, cel mai important comerciant din acest segment este Dedeman, care a pornit din orasul Bacau si a ajuns sa detina magazine in cele mai importante orase din tara.